Ullman Sails is committed to producing the finest quality sails using the best materials and workmanship. We believe in our products and stand fully behind them. If you are not satisfied with a sail at the time it is delivered, or if it does not perform to your satisfaction, please notify Ullman Sails immediately using the claims process below.
For the warranty to apply all sails must be inspected only by an approved Ullman Sails facility, unless it has been specifically agreed otherwise. Ullman Sails will not approve any warranty claim in regard to any sail that has been modified or repaired by a facility that has not been pre-approved.
No warranty claim will be considered if the claim procedure set out below is not followed in full.
We hereby warrant that the sail will be free from defects in materials and workmanship as follows:
Two years from the date of purchase. If any defect in material or workmanship should arise during the two-year warranty period, Ullman Sails will correct the defect, or at Ullman Sails’ discretion, pay the reasonable cost of repair, replace the sail, or refund the purchase price.
One year from the date of purchase. If any defect in material or workmanship should arise during the one-year warranty period, Ullman Sails will correct the defect, or at Ullman Sails’ discretion, pay the reasonable cost of repair, replace the sail, or refund the purchase price.
Ullman Sails warranty shall not apply, nor shall Ullman Sails be liable for any new sail which is damaged by an event external to the sail, including repairs, alterations, or modifications not authorized by Ullman Sails.
This includes abuse or misuse, use of the sail beyond its designed wind range, excessive flogging, the use of solvents or chemicals, or any other cause not arising directly out of defects in materials or workmanship.
• Ullman Sails products need to be checked to ensure measurements are correct within 60 days of delivery. Failure to report any problems with measurements within the 60 day period will nullify the warranty in this respect.
• All warranty issues should be brought to the attention of Ullman Sails before any work is carried out on the sail.
• The warranty period on the sail runs from the purchase date of the sail, irrespective of the delivery or installation date and only applies to Ullman Sails purchased from a registered Ullman Sails sales outlet.
• While every precaution is taken in ensuring that measurements are correct, Ullman Sails will only replace, repair or accept warranty claims in respect of incorrect measurements if it’s staff or authorized representatives measured the boat or ratified the measurements. In other words, Ullman Sails does not accept responsibility for any measurements not verified directly by us.
• The warranty guarantees the structural integrity of the sails for all normal sailing situations. Normal sailing is, of course, a very difficult term to define and we realize fully that much of this interpretation is left to the owner and professional assessment of the crew. It is our intention to ensure that the customer is totally satisfied.
• This warranty does not cover normal maintenance items such as chafe. The warranty does not cover the performance or integrity of the sails in the event of a failure of the equipment that controls the sails, such as the mast, stays or roller furling system.
• The warranty will be voided if any work is done to the sails by a sailmaker other than an Ullman Sails approved facility unless permission to do is received in writing prior to such work being done. Should this situation arise, this sailmaker must be approved by Ullman Sails in advance. Urgent work will not be held up by this provision, but it is important that the work done be approved and documented.
Warranty claims submitted without this information will not be processed.
To submit a Warranty claim for a sail, the following form should be completed for a timely response. Each sail suspected of being defective must have an individual claim – do not group multiple issues into one claim.
Ullman Sails will thereafter make a decision on the best way to resolve the warranty claim and will provide approved resolution documentation via email.